11. There is no denying the fact that air pollution is an extremely serious problem: the city authorities should take strong measures to deal with it. <There’s no doubt that … / No/Without doubt, … >
12. An investigation shows that female workers tend to have a favorable attitude toward retirement. (survey / investigation / research ) ( be in favour of // support the idea of …)
13. A proper part-time job does not occupy students’ too much time. In fact, it is unhealthy for them to spend all of time on their study. As an old saying goes: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. <take up>
一份适当的业余工作并不会占用学生太多的时间，事实上，把全部的时间都用到学习上并不健康，正如那句老话：只工作，不玩耍，聪明的孩子会变傻。14. Any government, which is blind to this point, may pay a heavy price.
任何政府忽视这一点都将付出巨大的代价。 <be blind to / ignore / neglect / overlook // fail to take into account )15. Nowadays, many students always go into raptures at the mere mention of the coming life of high school or college they will begin. Unfortunately, for most young people, it is not pleasant experience on their first day on campus.
当前，一提到即将开始的学校生活，许多学生都会兴高采烈。然而，对多数年轻人来说，校园刚开始的日子并不是什么愉快的经历。16. In view of the seriousness of this problem, effective measures should be taken before things get worse.
考虑到问题的严重性，在事态进一步恶化之前，必须采取有效的措施。17. The majority of students believe that part-time job will provide them with more opportunities to develop their interpersonal skills, which may put them in a favorable position in the future job markets.
大部分学生相信业余工作会使他们有更多机会发展人际交往能力，而这对他们未来找工作是非常有好处的。18. It is indisputable that there are millions of people who still have a miserable life and have to face the dangers of starvation and exposure.
19. Although this view is widely held, there is little evidence that education can be obtained at any age and at any place.尽管这一观点被广泛接受，很少有证据表明教育能够在任何地点、任何年龄进行。
20. No one can deny the fact that a person’s education is the most important aspect of his life.